It’s hard to go wrong with Nutella…
Everyone loves Nutella.
And these cookies are no exception.
- 400g plain flour
- 220g margarine
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200’C. Butter a metal tray and line with grease-proof paper.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, but leave 50g flour to the side. Blend until all ingredients are mixed completely. Add the remaining flour and mix again.
- Using a big spoon, scoop out a small handful of the mixture (not too much or the cookie will be too large). Flatten into a circle and drop the Nutella paste into the centre. Bring together the dough around the Nutella and seal in the chocolate. Roll into a ball and set on the tray, spaced widely apart.
- Leave in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until they are no longer raw. Do not let them begin to turn brown or harden too much in the oven. When you take them out they should be soft, almost like cake. Leave to cool. As they cool, they will harden into cookies.
- These are perfect cold or hot. To heat them without ruining the cookie texture, either use a microwave or place in the oven for a few minutes.
- It’s up to you how much Nutella you choose to use. For a gooey cookie, I would advise using more. If you use too little, it will get cooked with the cookie and become dry.
Perfect with milk… or really just perfect with anything.
Add as much Nutella as you’d like, but remember: the more you add, the higher chance there is of leaks.